Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Scrrreeeeccchhhh! (Putting on the Brakes and Taking a Break)

My energy and focus levels are depleted. I need rest and good health...so for the next few weeks, with more doctor's appointments ahead, I must slow down, re-evaluate, and consider a more reasonable path forward.

Those pesky health issues I had thought, hoped, and prayed were resolved are back. Sigh... On top of not being well, for the past few weeks, I have been spending an average of 12 hours per day revising, therefore, I am physically tired. Not to mention the time change, which due to limited daylight hours, sends me into hibernation mode.

I'm a planner, a list maker, and a goal setter. For my work, I have always pushed, most of the time too hard, to make extensive progress. Slowing down, is difficult for me. Not having a plan, deadline, goal, To Do list, etc., feels awkward and foreign to me.

To get well, for a short time, I need to limit my writing activities, perhaps to three or four hours per day, and extend my efforts toward that nesting instinct that seems to arise during the winter-time malaise. I need wellness, which means more medical appointments, and possible treatments or even a surgery.

So, I'm stomping on the brake pedal. Time for a break. Maybe it's time, for just a short while, to just BE. (Somehow, I have to hope that my writing process will be better for taking this break.)

No comments: