Saturday, October 27, 2012

Only Street - Reverse Scheduling

No that's not a typo. I didn't intend to write "Lonely" Street, although writing tends to be a solitary task. Only Street represents where you go when, instead of scheduling out your time until you become nonproductive, you schedule only specific blocks of time to spend on a project in a given day.

This Reverse Schedule is based on limiting time spent on a task, rather than spending an extended amount of time on the task. Basically, in order to increase productivity a particular task is performed ONLY during that limited time frame.

For instance, I will set three (3) to (4) hours aside for writing a day, and will only write during those set-aside hours. When those 3 or 4 hours are up for the day, no more writing for that day.

During my Reverse Schedule, I am allowed only to write during those set-aside 3 or 4 hours a day. If all goes well, I will add additional set-aside hours later on in the day; however, for now, I'm working an a reverse schedule am cruising down Only Street.

No comments: