Friday, November 23, 2012

Wannabes & Negative Inspiration

According to another author's blog post, which has since been removed by said author from the author's blog, I am a Wannabe.

Wikipedia explains that a Wannabe (slang for "want to be") is a person with an ambition to be someone or something that s/he is not.

Who the author making the post is or is not doesn't matter. What matters is that this author seemed to have forgotten that not long before his/her self-publication as an Independent Author, this author was a "Wannabe" as well.

Wanting to learn as much as I possibly can about writing and publication: Guilty. Writing books: Guilty. Wanting to make a living writing books: Guilty, guilty, and guilty.

Inspiration comes from many sources and from many directions. When it comes to negative inspiration, I wish to extend my heartfelt gratitude to this author, who's name-calling spurred me on and inspired me to be a true Wannabe in every sense of the word. Unnamed and Unknown Author (my one zinger, forgive me), thank you!

Hello, my name is Alexa, and I am a Wannabe.

No comments: