Sunday, September 30, 2012

What Does Alexa Write?

Someone asked recently about what sort of writing a do and wanted to know what kind of books I write.

I write Dark Suspense, which may include Suspense, Thrillers, and/or Horror, with or without paranormal elements.

Dark Suspense is what I enjoy reading and writing.

Some of my favorite Dark Suspense authors would be Alexandra Sokoloff, Dean Koontz, and Stephen King. (A writer gal can aspire BIG, can she not?)

Currently, I am writing a series set in East Tennessee that includes the upper East Tennessee mountain area, as well as covert activities in the Secret City of Oak Ridge, Tennessee. The five-book series is based on children able to control the elements (wind, earth, fire, and water, as well as the the less mentioned element, the void).

The first book features a doubting techo-geek yanked into a real-life conspiracy, a little girl who is kidnapped and goes from happy-go-lucky to destroyer, and a villain set on using the children as weapons of mass destruction and taking down the government while she's at it. (Oh my, these characters are fun to write!)

If all goes as intended and planned, the books will be as enjoyable to read as they are to write, which is what I'm working hard to accomplish.

No comments: