Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fast Tracking It! What's Next, Coach?

For anyone who wants to cut time off their learning curve and streamline their goal to finish a book, I would suggest considering working with a Writing Coach.

Had I had the opportunity earlier on to work with a Writing Coach, I could have avoided the following:

  • Non-productive Online and In-person Classes, Workshops, and Courses
  • Negative Critique Partner Experiences
  • Needless Rewrites and Story Tangents
  • Lack of Direction
  • Confusion and Misdirection (from Self and Others)
  • Lost Time, Useless Effort, Wasted Financial Resources, and Years of Frustration
Working with a Writing Coach, I am familiar with and am working on the following aspects:
  • Fear Management
  • Major Plot Point Understanding
  • Dealing with Distractions
  • Plot Point Layout
  • Character Development
  • Realistic Goal Setting
  • Dealing with Avoidance Issues
  • Getting the Book Out
  • Accountability
  • Realistic, Trackable Progress
  • Cost-Efficient One-on-One Guidance
I am fortunate to have the opportunity to participate in Cathy Yardley's Coaching Services. Her methods are sound and workable and her rates are realistic, reasonable, and doable.

In the next few months, I will accomplish more with Cathy Yardley's Rock Your Writing guidance than I have over the span of the last several years.

Of all the things I could recommend a writer do to get on the Fast Track to writing a book, working with a Writing Coach would be at the top of the list.

No comments: