Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Making Adjustments

In keeping track of productive times throughout the day, it came as no surprise to me that mornings are not my most productive times.

This morning I realized that mornings being the least productive does not mean I cannot work at increasing my productivity during that time of day.

So, today, I made an adjustment. I wrote first thing after I got up. No turning on the computer, no stopping until the timer had gone off.

Guess what? I wrote the same number of words in an hour as I am able to write in the afternoon.

I may be mentally sluggish and more than a little slow on the uptake in the mornings; however, that doesn't mean I am not able to increase my productivity.

So, this morning, I make an adjustment to my schedule and write.

No comments: