Saturday, July 14, 2012

Writing a Novel in 30 Days - Day 1

60,000 words written in 30 days will result in a completed first draft of a book in a month.

Simple math tells me that to finish a novel in 30 days, I must average 2,000 words per day for 60 days.

Day 1, the 1st day of my quest, I wrote 2,031 words. (In finding balance, I took a break from writing and enjoyed a live-performance at a local theater of Gypsy with Hubby. (Dinner, a play, and good company!)

Please note that I have 60,000 words remaining of Project A (novella) and Project B (novel) combined; therefore, once I finish the 60,000 word goal, I will have finished the full equivalent of a book, yet will have actually completed two projects.

Day 1 of Writing a Novel in 30 Days is on target!

3% Complete.

Onward!

No comments: