Friday, July 27, 2012

Writing a Novel in 30 Days - Day 14

With good intentions and high aspirations, I set the clock for 4:00 AM. After a 9 hour drive yesterday, when the clock went off this morning, nothing doing. It wasn't happening -- no way, no how. I reset the diabolical clock for 6:00 AM. Once I was up and about, talk about being in writing slow motion.

Although a struggle, I did manage to write 784 words, which brings the Day 14 word count to 29,683 words, in other words the goal of writing 60,000 words in 30 days is 49% complete.

The flair of my health issue seems to be subsiding, so my game plan at this point is to write as much as realistically possible while I'm traveling, then drill down and write several 5,000-word days to catch up when I return home.

Thus far, assessing where I am on Day 14, meeting the Novel in 30 Days is still feasible and doable.

Onward!

No comments: