Sunday, July 8, 2012

Milestone - 5,000 Word Day

When I was told, "Give yourself permission to write crap for your first draft," I knew what that meant.

But exactly HOW do you: 1) give yourself permission to write crap, and 2) let go of control/perfectionism/critical thinking in order to to write crap and fast draft.

JUST DO IT! - Nope, telling myself that didn't cut it. My inner control freak, said, "No Way. No How."

Laying Out Index Cards and having a direction was the first step.

Tracking My Progress as to when and where might be the best times and location for me to write was the second.

The third, has been Managing My Fears and Anxiety on a daily basis, when I first sit down first thing in the morning to write. (Writing blog posts for this Alexa Writes Books blog has helped greatly with that!)

I have two projects in the works, a 40,000 word novella and a 60,000 word novel. (I've found what works for me, to keep me fresh on both books, is to alternate days.)

Yesterday, I wrote close to 4,000 words on Project A. Today, I wrote just over 5,000 words on Project B. (I'm averaging 1,000 words per hour in 45-minute to 1-hour writing stints spaced out throughout the day.)

This is a journey, one word, one sentence, one paragraph, one page, one day at a time. I very much appreciate all the support and shared enthusiasm I am being blessed with each and every day. Thank you so much for allowing me to share my milestones and adventures with you along the way.

No comments: